Distracted Pedestrians And Traffic Collisions
Everyone is aware of the dangers of not paying attention to the road when behind the wheel of a vehicle, but too many people engage in distracted walking without a second thought. When a person is walking and is not aware of what is happening in the area surrounding them, accidents are more likely.
If you were involved in a Florida collision in which you or another was a pedestrian, talk through your damage recovery options with a skilled Delray Beach personal injury attorney. Personal injury lawyers help individuals who have been injured as a result of another party’s negligence, including those hurt in pedestrian accidents.
5 Ways to Reduce Accident Risks When Walking
With so many beautiful sights and an abundance of sunny days, it makes sense that many enjoy walking in Palm Beach County. But just as you have to stay focused when driving, pedestrians need to stay alert when navigating traffic signs and crosswalks.
While it is impossible to completely avoid the possibility of a pedestrian accident injury when walking in Florida, there are things you can do to help you stay safe.
- Don’t make assumptions. If you assume a car can see you, you are taking a risk. Sometimes drivers are distracted.
- Listen to your devices at a reasonable level. When wearing earbuds, be sure that the music or podcast you are listening to does not drown out the environmental sounds you need to travel safely.
- Completely cross a road when crossing. Stopping in the middle of the road to take a picture, send a text, or for any reason at all is dangerous. When you begin crossing a road, move directly to the other side.
- Choose appropriate crossing areas. Jaywalking is when a pedestrian walks in traffic or crosses a roadway at a point other than at a designated crossing point. Doing so is risky and could lead to a pedestrian injury.
- Be visible at night and bad weather. When it is dark or overcast, choose light or reflective clothing so you will be seen by drivers.
Taking steps to travel safely, in cars, on bicycles, and by foot, can help you avoid accidents and painful accident injuries.
Connect with Legal Counsel After a FL Pedestrian Accident
Delray Beach personal injury attorneys are available to guide you through the damage recovery after an accident injury. This is true if you were driving a car, riding in a vehicle as a passenger, riding a bike, operating a motorcycle, or simply crossing the street on foot when the accident occurred. Once liability is established, compensation options can be considered and strategized.
Are you recovering from a pedestrian injury sustained in Palm Beach County? The attorneys at Earnhart Law in Delray Beach can provide you with guidance and inform you of the worth of your claim. With over 30 years of Florida personal injury law experience, the lawyers at Earnhart Law know how to fight for your damage recovery needs. Call our office at 561-265-2220 or contact us online.